Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Vibrator Incident


So I'm sitting in the back row with Jo at a fundraising session and I keep hearing this distant vibrating noise. For some reason vibrating noises make you perk up and pay attention. The first chorus of rings were confusing. I couldn't tell if it was a cell phone on vibrate or the hotel workers doing something in the basement. Shame on you! Get your mind out of the gutter. I was thinking it might have been a dish washer or dryer in spin cycle. Then, after a 30-second lull, the vibrating noise came back. It became very obvious now that it was a cell phone in this woman's purse who was sitting right behind us. The vibrating rings seemed to go on and on forever. I tried spinning my head around at about a 45 degree angle as to give her a glare and a hint that the vibrating was driving everyone nuts but to no avail. I couldn't believe it didn't work. You see, I have the biggest head you've ever seen. I was the smallest guy on my college football team and I had the biggest head. 7 3/4 inches to be exact. A human battering ram. After about a minute the phone vibrations reared their ugly head again. I was infuriated. I started to count the number of vibrating rings ... there were twelve. Isn't there some way you can set your vibrating rings to 3 or 4 before it goes to your voicemail? Obviously this lady didn't know. Actually, she didn't give a shit! Why? Because it rang again, four times in all and she didn't bat an eye. Now don't get me wrong, cell phones have become a necessity in our daily lives. Other necessities in our daily lives are manners .. and this lady had jack for manners. Once the vibrating stopped, the fundraising session went quite well .. that is until I ran into the breast-feeding woman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fcukin divorce man........when I met my first ol lady all she had was a GED, a pair of Daisy Dukes and a halter top...no panties, no bra, no shoes, but most of her teeth, but they had been worn away by 16 years of dippin. I had an actual high school diploma and certificut from the Smokey Mtns School of Broadcasting and Moonshinin. It didn't work out so we got a divorce and she got the goldmine and I got the shaft, but the good newz is we are still brother and sister in most states.

DWM looking for a good time ht/wght appropriate with all new teeth.

Anonymous said...

These posts are unnecessarily vulgar and do not reflect the spirit of the blog or the community spirit of KAXE.

I can ride AND I can use real words to express what I think. Yes, people read this stuff...

[Gimme ~clean~ air in northern MN]

Anonymous said...

To anonymous:

I'm sorry, but I don't find humor in your comments. I hear the staff asking people to read the KAXE blogs..this one, I find, offensive. It just doesn't fit in the KAXE mission.

Frank Carter said...

1.1 Hard-disk based digital video recorders. Digital Voice Recorder. SDHC memory card LFH9004. And with built-in USB connectivity, MP3 & WMA recording, the new Scene Select Function and the large LCD with font size setting it's easy to record and store high-quality audio with ease. Like all Zoom recorders, the H1's onboard microphones are configured in an X/Y pattern, for stunning stereo imaging.