Friday, September 26, 2008

I'd Like You To Meet


My new and dear friend Lucille Spencer. She is 97 years young and has been a great addition to my life. Lucille and her crabby little dog Emily live north of Bovey, Minnesota in a small old house. Lucille has taught me how to not take life so seriously, to laugh more, and to enjoy everyday as if it were your last. She loves carmel rolls and good polka music on her TV. She listens to polka on TV because she is blind. Being blind doesn't phase Lucille a bit. She bakes, talks on the phone with friends and does a lot of rocking on her rocking chair. If you ever get a chance to meet Lucille, please excuse her many .. and I mean many ... chiming alarm clocks. Some sound like birds, some sound like music and some sound like a dog peeing on a flat rock. One thing is for sure, when you walk out of that house you'll be a better person for it.

2 comments:

OneHip[ie]Chick said...

I love listening to Lucille :D

Harveyttgp said...

I love listening to Lucille :D