Thursday, May 8, 2008

What The Hell's Going On


Vince Lombardi, the late, great coach of the Green Bay Packers used to have a great saying when he coached ... "What the hell is going on out there!" I use that one a lot when I'm coaching as well. But lately I've been screaming it in the privacy of my own kitchen. This whole recycling thing and the world making an effort to be green is driving me nuts. Don't get me wrong, I recycle everything and I pick up garbage and I verbally assault people that throw cigarette butts out there window. But somebody please help me understand the madness behind recycling? There's a numbering system on the bottom of plastic containers that goes from 1-7. But the #1's are the only ones you can recycle .. right? So when I look at the bottom of my frozen raspberry container it reads #3 ... when I read the bottom of my skim milk jug it reads #1. Recycle the milk jug and toss the fruit cup. What the hell's up with that? If there is such a push to make this planet greener, then why in the world isn't everything a #1. Why waste time with the 2'a and 6's? Is it that it's cheaper for companies to sell products in 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's and 6's? If that's true, wouldn't everyone be willing to pay a few cents more for their fruit cups to be recyclable? Also, now I hear that these Nalgene water jugs that are #'7's will kill you. This world is a dangerous place. They used to say you had a greater chance of getting killed by simply crossing the street than you did in a plane crash. Now I think you have a better chance of kicking-the-bucket drinking water than you do crossing the street. The next thing you know vitamins will be bad for you. Come to think of it, my Dr. encouraged me a few years ago to take Vitamin E. She said, "It will make you live longer." Last year I read a report in the American Journal of Medicine that said Vitamin E could kill you ... what the f ---!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY JB,

I'm out here in TX riding with DJ and they have been askin for that big-headed sob a holer JB from KAXE. Life is frickin dangerous man get over it!!!!!!!!!!!Drink from what you what, eat what you want, you're still goin die MoFro.

HEY! R We going stand around all day or r we goin ride???????????

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZRider

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots are around 250 bucks everwhere. But finally I found this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good day bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are approximately 190 pounds everwhere. But definitively I found this location selling them for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that particular model. The prices for the sneakers are about 240 dollars on every page. But for all I base this location selling them for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that singular brand. The prices for the shoes were all over 320 dollars on every site. But for all I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?