Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ring of Fire


On December 22, 2008 my wife Janeen and I celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. A symbol of a marriage is that gold wedding band. However, wearing that thing drives me nuts so I took it off 25 years ago and put it in a small box somewhere in the confines of our house. Recently she asked me to wear it for 30 days in honor of our anniversary and I begrudgingly said "Yes." I made it very clear that after 30 days it's going back in the box. Since then I have done an informal survey as to people who don't wear their wedding rings and I found the numbers to prove that many don't wear their rings for differing reasons. Like: it might get caught in my power tools; I might lose it when I'm swimming; I can't grip the golf club correctly with it on; I've gained a little weight and my fingers swell so I took it off; etc, etc. How about you? Do you wear your wedding ring or are you one of those self-proclaimed softies that says it represents the sanctity of marriage and I wear it every single day to remind me how much I love my spouse. You've got to be kidding me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is so lovely that you are wearing your ring for 30 days to symbolize your 30 years of wedded bliss together!! Happy Anniversary, John and Janeen!!!
-bmg

Anonymous said...

She asked you to wear it, so maybe it means something to her that you don't? Having said that, marriage is a state of mind and heart and no ring can make it last one day, let alone 30 years. Congratulations on a great achievement!

Anonymous said...

I have had my husband's band resized once and the jeweler said that was it. Anymore and it would break. I have since placed the 'valuable item' somewhere where I wouldn't forget and forgot where I put it. I do know it's somewhere within the confines of the house. If you are true to your marriage vows, the ring doesn't matter.

Anonymous said...

Vacuum cleaners with bags need to be replaced frequently.
Whether you buy OEM vacuum cleaner bags or after-market
ones, you do not need to buy them straight from the company.

Try to find brands which are highly regarded, instead of the higher-end models which will cause you to spend
a fortune.

My weblog :: dyson animal